(this is Nancy explaining her style of piecing *no Y seams*)
(close-up of one of the many quilts that she displayed and explained)
(following the above close-up ~ blogger reversed my pictures)
(pretty quilts, all without the dreaded *Y* seams)
(enjoy the beauty)
We enjoyed the show, and the beauty of the quilts...I guess the toughest part for me was when Nancy told us she spends *five hours* every day piecing, she has a quilter that does all of her quilting (machine or by hand)! Oh would I LOVE TO HAVE FIVE HOURS each day to sew!!
Envy is just not a good thing, so I am going to be happy that I am able to do my job each day in the office :>)!!
4 comments:
I heard a radio piece when driving the other day about envy vs. jealously and now I can't remember which they said was worse. Oh, dear. Neither are good, but one was worse. Anyway, I would adore that much piecing time but I love every step of the process too much to give up the quilting to someone else, even though my quilts appear humble by comparison, they're all mine. Nancy's are simply spectacular!
I would have loved to be with you guys!
I haven't heard about Nancy J-S for years, so I'm glad to see she's still quilting - EVEN IF IT'S FIVE HOURS A DAY! What a life.
Hope you have a good holiday weekend.
What a beautiful collection of quilts. It is inspirational to see what others are doing...
Post a Comment