Friday, May 15, 2009

waiting...


Over the past weekend I discovered this bird nest on my front porch. It is tucked very nicely, in an area where wind, rain nor much of anything else could disturb completion of the goal! It must be nearly time for the hatching, because the Mama Robin has not left the nest as near as I can tell for any reason for the past three days. This picture was taken last Saturday and at that time *she* would fly away at the slightest movement, thus being able to take the picture of the beautiful blue eggs!

Yes the nest (well the mama) is causing quite the mess, but I will allow the process to continue, and to enjoy the sounds of the Robins ☺ when the family is complete!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

we have one of those above our front door...one baby fell outta the nest today though...very sad
hly
laurie

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

One of God's lovely little surprises to discover, enjoy~

Rose said...

I would just enjoy the process...it won't be long till the birds are out and gone.

Unknown said...

:( We had one of those. It fell down in a rain storm. There was at least one egg. Sweet Pea and I are very sad. :(