My string jar is full of those odds and ends of strips that we all seem to collect as we work on projects. Mickey and I toss ours into this jar as we work our way thru projects. The jar is full, and we have two drawers full of strings/strips...time to use them up don't you agree?
Not the best picture but will give you an idea of what my next donation quilt will be, I am going to do another quilt top to take to the Quilt Odyssey Show in Hershey! The easy part of donating these *tops*, they will take them "not quilted"...so it is pretty quick to whip a few tops together to take for the *Hugs and Kisses* project. The desired size for the quilts should be child size/lap size...because they are donated by Quilt Odyssey to the Hershey Medical Center for the Pediatric/Children's wing of the hospital!
I am SURE they will not turn away finished quilts, for the donations...but since I am on a roll of doing tops...mine will not be quilted, and Missy (head of Quilt Odyssey) emailed with me to say "bring them along for us"....I am going to take as many as I can finish by July!
Have a great weekend ~ the Max Lucado book tells us "give each day a chance"...I am going to try to hold the thought *one hour at a time*!
2 comments:
Love that idea of putting scraps and string into a jar. What a cute idea!
I have big tote that is full of odds and ends plus others stuck here and there. I would need a great BIG jar to hold all mine.
Post a Comment