I made a quick trip on Thursday evening...BECAUSE I had a reason for doing so...and of course BECAUSE I wanted too ;>D!! Go ahead have a glimpse around with a few of my camera shots! This shop owner knows me well, knows all about Mickey and her sewing/quilting abilities too, so I am comfortable in this shop (actually the owner offered me a job, but that is a different story for another time)! I arrived around six p.m., the shop is empty, I mean totally without one person in the building, not even the owner! I browse around, looking over her fabrics, most of which I know like it is a part of me! It is probably 15 min. until the owner comes in...she has been eating her supper in her home which is within a few feet of her shop, we greet each other with the normal "hi, how are you" and I continue looking around! She tells me, "oh I knew it was you so I didn't hurry over ;>)" now that is trust IMHO...but pretty typical of our area!
(a glimpse of some of her inventory ~ a very small glimpse!
(more fabrics)
(even more, but just a tiny glimpse overall)
Ahhhhhhhhhhh the real reason for my trip to the LQS...a bolt of *unbleached muslin*! Mickey and I use quite a bit of this particular fabric...buying it by the bolt gives me a better price...and it is easy to grab from my shelf for whatever project may be needing *muslin* of the unbleached nature! Also saving me a last minute trip to the Amish LQS...but I could always use that excuse to make a trip :>D!! Boy you sure can make a lot of curtains with a bolt of muslin! But actually we do use it for other projects!
I do hope you enjoyed my adventure to the Amish LQS...I know there are a few of my blog readers that enjoy and travel to this same shop...Verna says *hi*!!
Have a wonderful weekend ~ with the weekend I will have three days until our school building fills with staff and students ~ we will be ready ☺!
6 comments:
It's always so much fun to read your blog. How rich to have an entire bolt of fabric!
I buy it by the bolt, too... at Mary Jo's in Gastonia, NC. Love to read about the the trust and honor associated with a small town, that's heart warming and faith restoring!
How lucky you are to live near Verna's!!! I'm envious!
Oh yes, I know that shop well. It's always great fun to see what fabrics can be found there. Can't beat the prices!
Oh, I did enjoy this visit. I wish the Amish and Mennonite quilt shops I visit were nearer to me. They are an hour away.
oh I am going to go to Verna's next week hopefully I want to go back to the Packwood Museum for the quilt exhibit.
is she open everyday I looked for a website and couldn't find it
any other shops around Lewisburg? we did the college tour friday at Bucknell so got to have a quick stop at museum I needed more time there!
Kathie
Post a Comment