At Quilt Odyssey Mickey took a bit of her spare time to make a Hugs and Kisses Quilt at the table setup for the volunteers to sew just one more quilt!
(at work on her quilt, she pieced, quilted and put the binding on and still did her "white glove" job all within the afternoon)
(class work on her table runner)
(her table runner ready for the backing and quilting ~ it is long the entire item did not fit in the picture ☺)
(my table runner, also ready for backing and quilting ~ and long ☺)
Another class to learn "free motion machine quilting", Mickey was great in this class, as for me *not so much*...she has the natural ability...I don't!! You go Mickey, you are making me proud!
(waiting for the class to begin)
(teacher showing a sample of what a difference it can make with unique quilting)
Mickey and I had a great time at the show, we were exhausted when we returned home last night...and today Mickey had to report to marching band camp for the week! She will sleep very well by the weekend, I am sure!
As for pictures of quilts here is the problem...Mickey and I did two hours of white glove showing of the displayed quilts...we saw the quilts very up close and personal, BUT our bags including cameras were left at the registration desk, which means we didn't take pictures. If you go to the blog of Patchwork Penquin you can see a few of the quilts at the show, and also see where Mickey and I met Nancy...she is a great gal, and was selling tickets for chances on a beautiful quilt made by her quild! There is a lucky winner receiving a beauty of a quilt.
May each of you have a great week!
5 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful time!
DId you take the free motion quilting class with Jane? The quilt she is holding (the ladies around the pool) won the Viewer's Choice award for small quilt at our 2007 guild show.
Jane is a very talented lady and a hoot to be around.
Was great meeting you both!!! Hope to spend more time getting to know you in the future.
Hugs!
A great weekend for you two! Mickey sounds so terrific; what a wonderful gift for you. I hope the rest of your family had a good weekend with the different directions everyone took.
sure sounds like fun! love the runners...mickey looks like she used batiks? another of my loves! LOL
hly
laurie
I like both the table runners...love that yellow in Mickey's especially.
sounds like you had a wonderful time. And Mickey sounds so talented!
Post a Comment