How did you celebrate National Quilters Day? This Saturday was pretty much like most of the Saturdays lately...*Sweet Granddaughter* very dedicated to working on the blocks for the *raffle quilt* also known as the quilt in memory and honor of her special friend Kelsey (please see sidebar for more pics)! I am across the sewing table working on my quilting project, that is driving me crazy with so many little pieces :>)...but I LOVE THE FABRIC!!
Fatigue and the repetition of doing the same blocks has set in for *Sweet Granddaughter, she just needed to rest for a minute or two!
The suggestion of a "power nap" for a few minutes had her up and going quickly, she is very dedicated to the completion of this quilt...it needs to be completed and ready for display. Advertising has started, pictures are circulating and SHE WANTS IT COMPLETED!!
The suggestion to *sweet granddaughter* that she catch a few winks of sleep met with laughter and a demonstration of "what might be"...but didn't really happen. I just had to snap the pics for the effect of how repetitive it is making SOOOOOOOOO many blocks that are the same...fortunately they are different colors!
These are the tiny blocks I completed today, I am just as dedicated to completing this quilt because I LOVE THE FABRICS, I LOVE THE COLORS AND THERE IS A PLAN!!
Please let me know how you spent your "National Quilters Day"...did you have a chance to quilt or play with your fabrics? I hope that you did, quilters are now ranking right up there with George Washington and Abe Lincoln...we have OUR day!

6 comments:
Love your post today--I love those little 4-patches....how big are they? That is going to make one gorgeous quilt!
Did you tell your DGD that there are people that are biting their nails in anticipation of her quilt?
Oh, today I did work some more on those 'crumb' blocks or whatever you want to call them. For me they are so slow going!
Glad you and DGD got to get some sewing in. I wish I could have gotten in more than I did, but I did start a Catherdral Windows quilt. Guess I'll have to get my sewing in today. Can't wait to see your finished quilts. I'm sure they'll be gorgeous!
LOVE the pics of DGD! Too funny! And your project is coming along quite nicely as well! I'm anxious to see the finished product! :oD
I didn't touch a piece of fabric on Saturday...too busy doing wedding stuff but it was great! I had a TON of fun!
HLY
Laurie
I actually did make time to quilt today, and am working on an applique tea cup quilt for a very good friend, as well as a red and white 9-patch for myself. Two quilts going at once keeps me from wandering off to something else new (for a little while, anyway!).
Oh, I love those tiny pieced fabrics. It's so lovely! Love those fabric choice.
It must be very fun to sewing together with you DGD.*S*
It is so wonderful to see young women taking up the art of quilting and keeping it alive! That is so neat.
Be blessed,
Lea
Post a Comment