Monday, March 24, 2008

how to store strips...

 
Posted by Picasa


I just love this look of fabric strips in a jar! A friend gave me this two gallon jar, she thought it would be sweet to put a Candle and Rose Hips in for a center piece! Yep she is correct, it WOULD BE sweet that way, but I like it this way! Also it is a way to have a visual storage of my strips that I seem to be gathering with each project, you know a reminder or a nag of fabrics waiting! I do have more strips in a couple of those narrow drawer towers, I hope someday I actually use the strips ;>) !!

This jar sits proudly on my antique *hoosier* cabinet and I like the looks of it there! This particular picture is not showing the jar on the cabinet, it is a bit dark in that area and I wanted you to see the pretty colors of the strips together in the jar.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I have always thought it would be fun to have a quart of fat quarters or fat eights in a pint...but never thought of storing strips like this. I just might find a couple jars to do this with!

Laurie said...

I have a jar that I keep the little "dog ears" from HST's in...it is FUN to see all the colors...
hly
laurie

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I just love it! Now I've got to hunting for a 2 gallon jar.

Blessings,
Lea