Tuesday, March 11, 2008

playing in an undecided way...

If you feel like you are having a vision from the past...it is because this first picture is from Jan. 22, and I had this question on my blog and in my mind ~should I or should I not?? Well a few of you commented and said *yes* do it, make these FQs into something! I love the colors in these FQs, and I have a purpose in mind! My problem at that time WHAT TO DO with them...I had a book that I had marked a certain page BUT...now I am NOT going with that plan. Quilters do sometimes change plans in the process, and I am a quilter and I changed my plan ;-D !!
 


I searched thru www.quilterscache.com and found a different design that I like and decided it will work and I can make it *scrappy*, there just is such an odd amount of yardage in a FQ Tower! There are GREAT COLORS in the towers, but just a weird amount of fabric to work with! My *hero*, and *color wonder girl*, most often referred to as *sweet granddaughter* helped me to decide I CAN DO IT...and make it scrappy with NO REAL COLOR PLAN just DO IT!
 


I cut what fabric there is into strips and squares, to make the *scrappy look* and I am going to turn it into what is titled "Four Patch on Point" on the "Quilterscache" site!
 


I traveled to my local Amish Fabric Shop, made my way directly to her Moda Fabrics, and found the same fabric line as the FQs, and purchased a few more colors of the line, and had the gal cut me some larger pieces of yardage! What do you think do you like these additions...I LOVE THEM!!
 
Posted by Picasa


So as *sweet granddaughter* is focused on the special *Kelsey Raffle Quilt*, I am joining her in hours and days of sewing my *Four Patch on Point* !! Whats a quilter to do...but QUILT!

(Just an addition to my thinking on this *blog entry*, I had hoped that making my pics smaller would allow you to enlarge them to see better color, I DON'T LIKE IT THIS WAY ~ but for this time I will allow them to remain as I have entered them, enlarge them if you wish for viewing). S O R R Y ...I will return to my original format the next time!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

oooooooooooooh...That is going to be YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you cutting that up! i have been wondering where that plan went to! LOL...and good for DGD for nudging you along in the right direction!
HLY
Laurie

Rose said...

Oh, those are nice additions! I still love that pile of fat quarters...I had went back and looked at them just the other day. I think anything would be beautiful made from them!