This day was "just a great day" following a very stress filled week! Now I know that as a Christian that "God will not give us more then we can handle"...but this week I felt that maybe *His* test was just going to push me over the edge! But by golly *He* came thru with a WONDERFUL Saturday for me :>)!!
Here she is the *sweetest granddaughter* that there could be for me, today in particular, given the week I have had! Today she was here with me for seven hours and sewing away on that special *raffle quilt*...her dedication to this project is just wonderful to observe! Don't you just love the smile and the wave for the camera (or is that for me or maybe her "mom") ?? and quite possibly for each of you too!
The sewing continues...more then half way completed with sewing her blocks, but OH MY "IT IS BORING" (so she says)...doing the same block over and over again! The "one saving grace", after a dozen or two the block color changes....BETCHA WANT TO KNOW what this quilt is going to be ;-> (??) ....remember it is *her* quilt design and will represent her "special friend" Kelsey...QUILT DESIGN not ORIGINAL BLOCK DESIGN (but oh so unique and Kelsey would approve and love it)!! The boring part will soon end...and a different creative part of the design will need to kick in for her!
And here *we* are...I DON'T LIKE HAVING MY PICTURE TAKEN (not at all), unlike those TV Stars I am always self-conscience of "where to look and do I smile, do I NOT smile"...oh well here you go, a picture with my *sweet granddaughter*, and we so love being together in the sewing room!
Now here we have a different pair...Grandpa and *one* of our special guys...grandson #3...he had a 'special project' to create for school, and Grandpa was the advisor! Keep in mind an advisor is TOTALLY different from being the one that will do the project! In our family Grandpa and I will advise WE WILL NOT DO the school project...and this time was NOT AN EXCEPTION!! Grandson #3 had to create a musical instrument that would actually play notes...and he did it...and it is rather good sounding music..."WAY TO GO and CONGRATS" to my youngest Grandson! He loves his Grandpa!
One thing that could add to the *JOY* of this day...is to SEE the other two grandsons, but I did talk to one on the telephone :>)*home on break from the university* ...I JUST LOVE MY DGKs! GOD HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME!!

3 comments:
Oh what a fun day!!!!! DGD'S quilt is coming along nicely! LOVE the pics of you and DGD and your DH and DGS! BEAUTIFUL!!!
And of course, it is YOUR bday today! Happy Birthday my dear friend! I hope to see you this summer! I miss you!!! LOVE YA!
HLY
Laurie
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your insightful comment. I've started my DGS on sewing fleece blocks together - he's only two! - and hope some day to have a grandchild at my side in my quilt room just as you do. There's nothing as special as DGK's! Enjoyed your blog - started my day off on a very upbeat note. Thank you!
I haven't even checked into QYW today so didn't know it was your birthday--Happy Birthday! At least you had a good one with your DGD. I, too, love your picture of you and her. And I am anxiously awaiting that finished product!
Post a Comment