Welcome to their front door, the doors have been carefully stripped of many layers of paint that over the years became chipped, cracked and peeling! The doors are heavy wooden doors, I think they are beautiful, and they are very smooth to the touch!
Can you imagine yourself sitting on the porch and enjoying a glass of lemonade? As mentioned in my January entries, my son and his family have researched and investigated the history of the property and our carefully restoring its original beauty!
And these are just MY FAVORITE young people! Seven wonderful kids that are very close as cousins and friends! They have always been very close and truly enjoy being together! They also are very excepting of us *older folks* parents and grandparents ;>D !! Four of these great kids will be heading off to universities this fall, but come Thanksgiving we will be back together again for somemore awesome fun!
There was an invitation issued for the parents to take on the younger ones in a game of kickball! This picture shows the Dads carefully *stretching* in preparation for the game! The challenge was on!!
The Moms joined in for the fun (the third mom is on her way), hmmmmmm I wonder why they didn't need to *stretch* prior to the game, actually they went for the sneakers, because they were all wearing flipflops and would not be able to run fast at all!
This was an absolutely fun day, I LOVE THESE KIDS VERY MUCH, I always marvel at their patience and their obvious love of being together as family!! I AM BLESSED!
2 comments:
Blessings abound! The home, and grandchildren, are gorgeous!
what a fun day! thanks for sharing this!!!
hly
laurie
Post a Comment