Thursday, August 28, 2008

remembering...




The Dresden Plate blocks I am showing you today are actually belonging to my daughter-in-law, and they have become part of a UFO! I offered to my DIL to finish these blocks for her, because I do enjoy applique work. Now to set the record straight these blocks are part of a *block exchange* that were created some years ago by members of the local quilt guild! Each member of this block exchange selected a block that we enjoyed and gave a piece of fabric to be used in the preferred block for a consistant color or fabric in the block! Each member of the exchange could express that we preferred a certain type of fabric, a certain era of fabric or even specify colors. In this case it would be the yellow fabric for the centers of the Dresden Plates that was provided by my DIL. As happens with exchanges some blocks came to my DIL finished, some came partially finished and some with spokes pinned in a stack to the square block of fabric!

I wish to apologize to my daughter-in-law that I have been very slow in working on these blocks, but Carol I actually do get them out of the plastic box and stitch on them a few stitches at a time. I love you sweet Carol (mother of two of my wonderful grandsons) and YES THEY WILL BE FINISHED FOR YOU!

2 comments:

Rose said...

I enlarged the pictures and I see fabrics that I have in my own stash. I like this pattern but have never started one. This will sure look nice when it is finished.

For fun or when I was bored, i used to go through quilt magazines or books and see how many fabrics I could say I had in my stash!

Susan said...

You certainly have your work cut out for you with this project, but what a wonderful thing to do for your daughter-in-law!