Friday, August 15, 2008

finally...

One of my favorite fruits is available at the local Amish roadside market.

PEACHES ~ PEACHES ~ PEACHES!!


I am fortunate in the fact that quite a few of the local Amish families make available roadside produce stands that offer fresh produce, tomatoes, sweet corn, melons, cherries, peaches and various other local items! At a later time in the fall the apples will show up at the stands! This year the produce is tasty but a bit on the expensive side. Of course the Amish families must do the labor, provide the planting, picking, sorting and the simple stand or small building to sell from, all of this contributes to the price! The weather really can play havoc with the size, quantity and condition of the fruits and vegetables.

PEACHES...yes this picture is one of the fruits of the season, it is normally a short season, and this year the fruit is on the small side, but THE TASTE IS WONDERFUL!! I will enjoy my tasty fruit of the season!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Barb,
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love you!!! Thanks for all of your support and love!
HLY
Laurie

Rose said...

I love peaches...looking at these makes me crave about half a dozen to begin with.

dot said...

Great blog. I have added you to my blog roll and will keep up on your quilting.