The quilt spread out carefully on the floor shows the LA quilting by Laurie is beautiful and we continue to just enjoy it for the few weeks that the quilt will still be in our possession! This is a picture of Mickey doing the trim work, the extra backing and batting needed to be trimmed for placement of the binding!
Another close look at the quilt and the beautiful quilting ~ I am envious of the person that will win this quilt in the raffle!
Mickey enjoying being close to the quilt just a bit longer, she knows she *will not* be the winner, but she can enjoy it as she finishes it up!
The binding has been machine stitched in place on the front, and flipped to the back for the hand stitching. I have taught Mickey to do her bindings by using the *clippy* hair clips...no straight pins to jag your fingers on, and no straight pins to catch the thread as the binding is being sewn into place.
This is a picture showing the binding still clipped but showing it from both sides...back visible and front flipped over so you can see how it looks with the clips in place.
I hope you have enjoyed just one more blog entry showing the ALMOST finished *raffle* quilt. I am very proud of my granddaughter and the accomplishment of this quilt, it is a quilt made with pride and love by Mickey!
3 comments:
WOW...that is STUNNING! Mickey does gorgeous work!!!
hly
laurie
Binding clips definitely make life a little easier when it comes to binding! Beautiful - Mickey and Laurie should be proud of this one.
I sure did enjoy this post...again I cannot say how beautiful it is! Whoever wins it will be so lucky.
You have a special granddaughter there, but I am sure you know that.
Post a Comment