Thursday, August 21, 2008

please check it out...



The *raffle* quilt has returned to Mickey, it is a beautiful job of LA quilting by Laurie, please take a minute to "check it out"! It needs the binding (happening this weekend) and then the quilt is ready for the presentation to Kelsey's family and the raffle drawing. There has been a timeline report in my blog entries (also see my sidebar) of the quilt work and (Mickey's blog) showing the progress of Mickey's design and piecing just incase you need a glimpse of the WIP. Tickets continue to be sold, the actual drawing of the lucky ticket will be on Oct. 11 -- the lucky winner will receive the *best of the best* by Mickey! She has poured her heart and ability into this quilt, and the family of Kelsey is *very sweet, gracious and supportive* as they have watched the unfolding of a *love* gift! For those that do not know or remember Kelsey died of Leukemia in 6th grade, and was a very good friend and classmate for Mickey. There is a website for the foundation at Kelseys Dream if you wish to read about Kelsey and all that has been accomplished in her *memory and honor* in a short time.

Please do go and have a look at Mickey's blog and if you wish please leave a comment for Mickey, she would love to hear from you!

THANK YOU LAURIE for your hard work and donation of the quilting on this quilt, your quilting ability has very much contributed to the beauty of the quilt!

7 comments:

Rose said...

It sure did turn out beautiful!

Laurie said...

it was an honor to be a part of the project...mickey does beautiful work!
hly
laurie

Susan said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Anya said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting! What a wonderful way to remember a friend...

Anonymous said...

I found your weblog by searching Quilting Bloggers. My name is Chris Jones. I live in Holland. Me and my husband are christians too. Believe in Jesus is the most important thing in our lifes. Next monday we will come to New Jersey to visit a brother of my husband. We will stay with him for 10-14 days and after that make a trip trough Pennsylvania, Dutch Country. For years I want to 'taste' something from the Amish. I red a lot of books about them. And of course I want to visit some quiltshops. So that is why I was surprised to read something about the Amish in your blog. Can I borrow the image of the sewing machine at your blog? I like it very much. With kind regards.

Barb said...

Chris ~ I am not finding a connection for an email or blog for you, so I will answer here and hope you read it! YES by all means you may use the sewing machine image, I do not have a problem with that and THANK YOU for asking!

Lancaster County is one of my favorite spots to visit (although I am surrounded by Amish farms), if I can help with suggestions please email me! My email address shows on my blog profile!

Enjoy and thank you for your kind comments to my blog, come back soon again, tell me about your impression of Lancaster County!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a moving testament to the power of a loving friendship and giving back! That lovely quilt should raise lots and lots of $$! Well done, what a blessing!