Saturday, March 28, 2009

helping out...

The call came "please can you help us out"...on the other end of the phone call is the voice of one of the directors for the HS musical☺! First of all I am not going to say "no", but this call is following on the heels of my spending a couple of hours at our local Wal-Mart..(which drives me crazy anyway)! Also it is on my answering machine, and I am not able to respond to the voice...and to say "I will be there soon", I just jumped in my car and went.

(the copy machine at work~when it chose to work, another issue with my attempt to help)

(programs for the musical stacking up, ready for opening night)

The director gave me permission to quietly *sneak in* the back of the auditorium to see the rehearsal in action, and of course I did! The pictures are VERY POOR, but from the back, in the total darkness, actors moving, it is hard to capture pictures that would be clear! I couldn't resist trying to snap a few, and to share them with my blog readers!

(in the background the couple entering the stage, *yep you guessed it* sweet granddaughter and *a guy*, singing with the couple sitting down on the bench and more singers will join them from all sides of the stage)

(granddaugher and her dance partner out in front ready to start the *cha-cha*, cute dance...poor quality picture)

(the entire company on stage singing a number...and it was wonderful)

I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures, but it is a just a quick view of what is yet to come for these dedicated HS actors! Thanks kids you looked and sounded great!

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks, Barb! And there's nowhere on earth you would have rather been... right? You are such a blessing!

Laurie said...

Once again you save the day! You are soooo generous with your time. And I know how PROUD your dgk's make you...and they are very fortunate to have such a loving/caring/involved grandma!!!
HLY
Laurie

Anya said...

Grandmas do come in handy, don't they?

Rose said...

I like what I see...can't wait to hear how it all goes.