Monday, March 2, 2009

pops concert...

What a wonderful concert presented by our HS Choir...it was amazing! And do you know what impressed me the most (?) ~ well almost tops on the list the true dedication these high school singers have to doing an awesome job with their concerts! There are 65 girls and 65 boys (I can't get them all on one picture), how special is it that *boys* (young men) actually are proud and want to be part of the choir? Well our guys are, and they prove it with their talented voices and the pride in their appearance. The girls (young ladies) are just as wonderful... beautiful voices, discipline in their performances, and pride in their presentations! I love this group, I am proud of these kids and their director/instructor! Did I let them know (?) oh yes I did, emails and telephone calls the day following the concert!!

OK now for tops on the list for me...the style of music they sing, pops music, gospel and contemporary christian and also praise band groups...this in my humble opinion speaks volumns for our school district. Thank you to the administrators and the school board and the community for saying *yes* to this music! God is Good!

(quilting buddy aka granddaughter, hair is normally curly or pulled up, gotta love the occasional change ~ grandpa is not sure)

(group shot, only 1/3 of the group)

(another group shot, same 1/3 which always includes dgd ;-D)

(one more time with dgd in the group)

2 comments:

Rose said...

Sounds like you are up and about...glad for that and glad you got to see the choir. It would have been horrible to have to miss it. I bet you will still be going to it even when your Mickey is in college.

Mickey said...

Thanks Grandma! It really means a lot to me that you guys are always at my concerts! Love ya!