Monday, February 23, 2009

good mail...

This is the kind of mail I look forward to receiving...my Quilt Odyssey brochure! Saving my loose change and looking forward to going to this show with my granddaughter!


I just happened to ask sweet granddaughter if she checked her mailbox (?) the answer was "yes"! She has already selected classes she is hoping to attend, it is tough to wait and to learn if our class selections are a go!

Gathering our supplies and searching the stash for fabrics is interesting and fun, she is searching for BRIGHTS or BATIKS...and at the same time I am searching thru the Civil War fabrics or the Repros...bring on my Jo Mortons ;>)!! Our tastes in fabrics are so different, but hers are especially beautiful and very much on the artistic side! I tend to doubt and second guess my selections and she is the one to encourage me to go with what I like, and then adds "but Grandma they look like you"~~ hmmmmm I wonder what that means ;>D!! Luv ya Mickey, we have so much fun together always!

My grandchildren are such a blessing to me, God is Good!

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Life is Good and God is Gooder! What a blessing to have a quilting granddaughter, you two will have a wonderful time together, thanks for sharing this story with us.

Anya said...

It sounds like you have wonderful relationship -- what could be better than quilting with your granddaughter!

Anonymous said...

Oh cool! I did not know there will be a quilt show in Hershey. I will have to ask my mother if she wants to come with me.

Rose said...

Sounds like you two are going to have fun...must say now that I am older I tend to second guess myself also. I think we need to take Mickey's advice and just do what we like.

Laurie said...

I hope I can make it!
hly
Laurie