Sunday, February 22, 2009

at last...

Saturday arrived...it has been another VERY LONG week...lots going on stress wise ~ and Saturday took its good old time getting here this week!!

(I found myself seeking quietness again...so off to do some sewing)

(a line-up of strip piecing squares ready for one of my donation quilts)


The best surprise of all was a telephone call from Mickey asking if it would be OK for her to come to sew with me! It was late in the afternoon, I knew she had HS Spring Musical practice (normal right now on a Saturday), I was not expecting the call ~ but I love this kind of call!

(here she is working at the design wall with the next commissioned baby quilt she will make)

Mickey took her own pictures showing a better version of the quilt on the design wall I will allow her to show you on her blog! She has been extremely busy, and also quite ill with the respiratory virus that has invaded so much of the area, so she has not had a chance to update her blog for sometime ~ but she will! The quilt she is working on is adorable and for a *boy baby*...more colorful then you see on my picture of Mickey ☺ ! Making and designing a quilt for the grandma that ordered this one is fun, because she sets Mickey free to do her own thing!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, the fabrics in your blocks are wonderful...and I love what Mickey is doing.

Laurie said...

Your strip blocks are AWESOME!!! Love the colors in it! I'm so glad you were able to sew alone and even better yet with Mickey!
HLY
Laurie

Susan said...

I love the colors in your string blocks...so bright and cheery!

Gayle said...

Thank you for your nice message. Life is super busy for a week or two with my daughters' sports/music but I'll be back with more quilts. I enjoyed reading your posts before making dinner.
:-)