Sunday, February 21, 2010

another glimpse...

Over the months/years of blogging I have shared different woodworking projects that my hubby has accomplished! Some of the projects have been gifts, some have been helping out friends with repairs on wooden items, and fortunately for me some of the projects have been mine :>)!! Gotta ♥love♥ a handy hubby, especially when a picture in a magazine or an item in the stores catches the eyes of those wishing for certain things.

(these are the talented hands at work, his workshop is not very warm so, winter projects mean wear a jacket)

(an estate sale some years ago had antique shutters stacked up just waiting for a bid and we did)

(the colors on the shutters go perfectly with my style, no painting needed, the 'prim' look is what goes for me)

(this shelf is above my door that enters my house, the decorations change with the seasons...but the crocks and the slatted house normally are there)

The wood that my hubby used for the backing and the side mounts came from the older home we lived in prior to this house (the home that the state decided should go to make room for a road). I asked him not to paint the natural wood because it reminds me of the other house and I like the look of the old wood with the painted shutter/shelf!

3 comments:

Rose said...

This is beautiful...your hubby sounds like my hubby. He can look at almost anything and make it.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What a blessing to have such a handy hubby! Can I just tell you that I love how you put your shelf above the doorway? Love love love that idea! I want to do that in my home but I'm afraid the door would get slammed one to many times and everything would all fall down!

Pokey said...

That's a clever recycle of both the shutter, and the old home boards. I really like the shelf, and all the fun decor items, including the sweet slatted house!