Saturday, April 26, 2008

seeing spots...

I have been told that "fabrics in the stash multiply" and now I believe it! A few weeks ago I went to my stash looking for a certain fabric and found that I had quite a collection of fabrics with 'polka dots'. I commented to *sweet granddaughter* that I think I am collecting quite a few fabrics with "polka dots", she agreed and continued working on her "raffle quilt"!! We pull from the same stash so this type of idle chatter is normal for us, and I am sure it registered with her, but didn't really impact in her mind with a planned use of the "polka dot" fabrics!

Looking at the pictures I am showing on this blog entry I am convinced that I DO HAVE QUITE A FEW FABRICS with POLKA DOTS :>0!! Okay this is proof that my family is correct I have a lot of fabric and need to use it...(maybe this is a hint) they would like quilts :>D !! Shhhhhhhhh don't tell them this is not all of the polka dots that I have, but it is all that I am willing to show right now :>0 So *sweet granddaughter* maybe we need to sew a little faster??




Anyone have the PERFECT pattern using polka dot fabrics?

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Yes! I love dots too. I will get back to you, but there is a fantastic, easy, DOT pattern, "Polka in the Cabin" or some some thing. I need to find it. Your stash and mine should meet... nah, never mind; that would only get us in more trouble ;)

Rose said...

Love those dots...I wish I had started collecting them. Somewhere I seen a quilt made with only dots and loved it but I can't remember where or what, though I think it was a pineapple....

Laurie said...

hmmmmm...those are AWFULLY BRIGHT polka dots for you Barb! you really are stepping out of your box!! LOL! Remember the house quilt I made with ALL polka dots??? ANYTHING will work!
hly
laurie

Rose said...

I'm back--just noticed the header image change. I wonder how many times I have seen it and it not registered--I really like it.