Monday, April 7, 2008
some tools of a quilter...
If you are thinking I have more scissors then anyone should ever need for quilting, may I please say "I share all of these items with *sweet granddaughter*
in our sewing/quilting time together" and each item has its own purpose! As in most households that involve fabrics...these items are NOT for cutting paper until they retire from fabric cutting ;>D !! Note the strings on a few handles, I dare say these scissors have traveled to a few quilting classes!
Now there are times that we find ourselves searching for "THE" scissors that "we always use", because for some strange reason they are lost amongst fabrics or placed where we have no idea "where or why" ;>D !! And of course the Rotary Cutter that is *oh so important* or the Surgical Seam Ripper that is needed for the *reverse stitching* that is inevitable!
Do you have favorite scissors or gadgets that are important "tools of a quilter"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know how you feel about your scissors and such. Its hard to convey those same feeling to those that don't quilt, but we quilters understand completely!! :cD I would have to say my most favorite tools are my enamel handled thread snips, my rotary cutter, and can't forget about my 6"x12" ruler. And although I'm not thrilled when I have to use it, I love my large seam ripper too ;D
I am glad I am not the only one with a bunch of scissors! I won't mention the rotary cutters...shhh--I have 5/6 of those. One is not a name brand and is for paper. One is fiskars, and the others are Olfa...I have two of the small 28 mm ones, one 45, and I have the 60. I use the 45 and the 60 the most.
The rotary cutter is great for quilting and other things...like using it for cutting my niece's table numbers for the reception! ;o)
hly
laurie
Post a Comment