(paint on the handmade Christmas gift for our DD and her family)
Remember the idea (12/19)(explanation of tradition) of making a surprise Christmas gift from the wood of the *previous house*?? For the home of DD and her family which it is very much about *Primitives*, this is a wooden cupboard, it is in the process of being painted. Attic floor boards are the wood of choice here!
(stained and sanded several times is the gift for our DS and family)
This is a coffee table and the graining of this wood is beautiful..the staining is making the design more vibrant then it was without stain. This gift is a combination of wood door frames and shelving from the other house.
(and I cleaned ;>D)
This is my antique Hoosier Cabinet, and it has been out of sight simply because all sewing in this area has caused such a mess (you know pull, cut, toss fabric), well today this corner of the room was finally sorted, cleaned and organized. Now I just need to continue and do the rest of the room!! Just looking at this spot helps me to continue! I am sure my Mickey is getting a smile with this picture (our joke, she loves Batiks and brights and I love Civil Wars, Repros and Jo Mortons)...my choices are what you see on this picture...and just a few of them :>)!!
p.s. you will see pictures of the finished wood projects, I will not keep you in suspense much longer
2 comments:
great pics barb! thanks for the snapshot of your life!
hly
laurie
I keep coming back to see what this year's projects were...can't wait to see.
(Want to come clean up my sewing area?)
Post a Comment