(picture from the web)I will be getting a new camera soon!! The present camera I am using is a Canon PowerShot, it has been doing an OK job for me. It even had a *recall* repair not so long ago. The problem being that taking pictures involving distance is not so good. I really DON'T NEED OR WANT lots of "bells and whistles" (as they say), I just need a camera that will do what I need it to do! No huge power lens, no fancy case, no special settings ~~ just a basic do a good job camera!
I am going with another Canon, the SX110IS is what I have been most often holding in my hands as I have shopped, it feels right to me! Attending lots of events for my grandchildren I find that taking pictures at the university and high school concerts, band competitions and dance recitals the distance to the stage from the audience is just too great for my present camera. I am getting a camera with a bit more distance capability, I hope!
Christmas gift money from very *kind and generous* teachers at the school is allowing that I can do this! ♥ Hubby ♥ is supportive of the choice I have made for spending my money ☺, so a better camera it will be!
Hopefully you will see a difference in my pictures, and I hopefully will be less frustrated with my long distance pictures of my grandchildren!
4 comments:
WOOHOO!!! I can hardly wait to hear about it!!!
hly
laurie
I think my brother has a canon point and shoot that he just loves. There is a website you can find by googling the term "digital preview" and you can look up and read about the cameras you are drawn to...it really gives a lot of information.
But sometimes gut instincts can't be beat. One thing, are you used to having a viewfinder on your old one? I got my husband a point and shoot two or three years ago, and when I use his, I really have troubles sometimes because in normal daylight I can not see the screen good enough and his does not have a viewfinder.
Hope you are not annoyed with this long-winded thing. I just know we both do not like that about his.
thanks for the encouragement on my post...tomorrow i just might cut a new quilt out...after work and a few errands!
hly
laurie
I took the time to look this camera up--it sure is a beauty. it should be great for distance. and the people that had bought it seemed well pleased. I bet you will absolutely love it...it has the swivel LCD screen and my niece has a camera with that and it is SO handy.
Post a Comment