(what a cutie, serves as a nightlight too)
This is a fabric that I wish I had been thinking more clearly when I purchased just 4 yds. of it, I may need to return for more ;>)!! This fabric was called to my attention by my local Amish Fabric Shop, it is actually 60" wide, unlike the traditional 44" or 45", and it feels wonderful to the touch! Since I so much love the traditionals this is perfect for me, and being wide will work great to consider for backings! The shop owner told me that the salesman stated that "the width was an error on the part of the company (??)" and therefore the fabric shop owner is selling it for just $4.75 a yard. I will be watching for more fabric that the companies make an error with, strange don't you think?
(the fabric selvage shows Hannah Bella by Robyn Pandolph for SSI, it is sweet!
The real reason for the trip to the fabric shop was for needles. On the Christmas list for Mickey appeared *needles*, so I did in fact *think* that I put needles in her stocking...tiny package that it was, they disappeared and Mickey did not end up with the needles! This time no wrapping and they are waiting on her sewing machine ~ sorry Mickey I am not sure where they ended up the first time ~ maybe Joe, Dan or Cam received a tiny package that they didn't understand! Just teasing everyone in the family would know who would have received sewing supplies in her Christmas stocking ;>D!
And the last bit of news on the "trivial info" entry...I have my new camera and I am doing my best to master it...actually I need an opportunity to test it on a long distance concert shot! Thanks Rose for reminding me to tell about my camera!
Have a great day on this very cold in PA Saturday!
3 comments:
WOW...what a deal on that fabric! You should definitely reutrn for more!!!
HLY
Laurie
Hi Barb! You're right, it is cold in PA this Saturday. We are getting pelted with snow. I'm outside of Erie right now. Dreading the drive back to Canada tomorrow. I wish it was summer so the roads would be free and clear! Thanks so much for your prayers for our safety earlier. They so worked. The weather was great and the roads were excellent. Please think of us tomorrow as we head back.
Where in PA are you?? Hey, you ought to check out my mom's blog. She's a quilter! Her blog is http://neattidy-mary.blogspot.com
And that snowman is so cute!! I think if he lived at my house I would just smile everytime I saw his face.
What a great find in that fabric! And that snowman is cute.
Post a Comment