Saturday, January 24, 2009

slow cooking...

I have been thinking about the recipe from Mrs. Goodneedle for making that yummy and creamy breakfast oatmeal (1/12)! For this recipe Mrs. Goodneedle suggests to us the need for a small slow cooker, liberal butter on the sides and oatmeal and water...I am thinking OK I can do this! I honestly tried, I really did...but for reasons that I think I have figured out, I failed!

(slow cooker and the ingredients + positive thoughts)

(the results in the morning ~ not so good)

I am convinced that the recipe will be achieved by me, it was close to being *yummy and creamy*, just not quite! This is what I think went wrong, my *small* slow cooker is maybe too hot, my cooking time was a bit too long, all of which Mrs. Goodneedle cautions against. I will try to play around with my problems and solve it, my oatmeal will be good! Mrs. Goodneedle describes what I believe should be delicious oatmeal, thank you Mrs. Goodneedle I will continue to try!

(supper in the slow cooker = complete success)

A day of major cleaning and stashing away of Christmas decos means slow cooker in use :>)...and also means one of our favorite meals! Chili cooking all day in the slow cooker is such an easy supper. As my hubby remembers chili complete with macaroni, he declared it a GOOOOOOOD supper tonight! He also worked hard today, and it was a bit nippy outside, so having chili for supper helps to warm the chilled body!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

sorry to hear about your unsuccessful oatmeal...but your chili looks YUMMY!!! I have chicken wild rice soup in the crockpot but I like it better the second day so it will be dinner tomorrow!!!
HLY
Laurie