Saturday, July 11, 2009

class reunion time...

It was required when I began school to learn the alphabet and the simple 2 + 2 = 4, today kids need to learn this much earlier then I did...and they do in most cases.

It was 50 years ago that I received my diploma that indicated I had indeed learned my alphabet and my math and I graduated from high school. My *hubby* also graduated with the same class, of course this means the *high school sweetheart* ♥ thing is in place here! We are having our *reunion weekend* this weekend! Friday night we had a chatting social (few attended), tonight is the dinner and more chatting (more graduates are scheduled to attend) and tomorrow if there is interest we will have breakfast together, truly overload for the class of '59...but it is not every year that a graduate gets to celebrate the 50 year reunion!!

As part of the "fund raising" for future events there will be a "silent auction", items provided by the committee, this is what I have made and will contribute...not my best work I must admit! It was a last minute decision to do the "silent auction" thing and I grabbed up a "mini kit" in my stash and put it together! All machine sewn and quilted...but not as carefully as I would have liked.

(a closer look, the borders were not with the kit, *sweet granddaughter* helped me pull those colors from our stash)

(a candle in a jar added, and we have a table centerpiece)

I am hoping for lots of fun and much chatting tonight, I know the food will be good! We are having this event at our local Carriage Corner Restaurant, and Sue has put together a great banquet for us...(thank you to Sue)! My only question is ~ why does everyone else look so much older then I remember from 50 years ago ☺??

May each of you have a wonderful weekend, have fun and remember GOD PROVIDES EVEN WHEN WE DON'T REMEMBER TO THANK HIM!

1 comment:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Your silent auction gift is just plain nice. I hope whomever wins it will love it.

Isn't it funny how everyone ages but we still stay the same :-D