Unfortunately Mickey came without her camera, I suggested I would take pictures with my camera (we like to document progress) and she could pull copies from my camera. She asked me to post to my blog for her, because she just is struggling with the time to keep her blog up to date! WITH PRIDE I show you Mickey's progress to date!
(on the design wall, oh yes it is for a *baby boy* as per the technician ☺)
(closeup of the borders...please enlarge to see the borders...I love her choice of the blue stripe for one border)
(don't you love the smile, this was when I told her "i just love this quilt and particularly the border choice")
(practice of the alphabet letters, each block will have an alphabet letter in the center, she will use the color carmel for the letters ~ red is just because she wanted to save her carmel for the real deal)
I know you have all heard it from me before but this young quilter really knocks my socks off with her ability, color choices and lack of fear for trying something new! I am just so proud of her, and love having her as my granddaughter/quilting buddy!
(edit ~ please take a look at the new project that Mickey has posted to her own blog...how cute and so much her)
5 comments:
She is a blessing to all of us, thanks for sharing! The quilt is amazing!
Great quilt! Talent runs in your family...
How wonderful to have a granddaughter who wants to sew with you! I hope Natalie will be that way when she is older.
The quilt is beautiful; she really does have the knack for color. She's very talented!
LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Another super job and that dark blue border is just right...is she gonna bind it in that as well???
HLY
Laurie
This is really beautiful...you have every right to be proud of her.
Post a Comment