Sunday, July 26, 2009

on the go...

This has been a busy weekend for us...starting on Saturday and continuing today! We need to remember breakfast is important, this is how I started my day! I am a cereal person, I can eat cereal anytime of the day, but most always my start to the day!

(love this season ~ peaches are handy and oh so delish)

(my favorite way to start my day ~ cereal and fruit)

Our family has missionary friends that have returned from Albania for their summer furlough. Saturday (yesterday) that family did a presentation at their home church in Lancaster, PA explaining their experiences in the past two years in Albania (we traveled to Lancaster and returned late last night)! The adults in that family have served in Albania as a Christian medical team and teaching team for eight years. There are a lot of changes happening in Albania, and this past year has been particularly tough for this young family! They will return to Albania in August to continue their work in the fields of medicine, teaching and bringing God into the lives of the Albanian people! Our prayers continue for the mission work of this young family ~ God Bless Guy and Carolyn and their family!

Today we went to hear granddaughter *Mickey* and her Dad sing by invitation at a different church (not our home church) and then had lunch with them. Now that I am home I need to really get into projects, this term means laundry and doing the gathering of Quilt Odyssey class supplies...for the classes that Mickey and I will be taking the end of this week ☺! I love the classes but sometimes the prep work is an overload in getting ready! Nahhhhhh Mickey and I love it, again I am envious of the ease that Mickey can gather and assemble her projects while I *question* my choices again and again! Oh by the way if you have a minute, check out the cute dress that Mickey purchased, she is showing it on her blog...that girl ♥loves♥ vintage!!

Have a great week, remember God has provided the week for us!

2 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

You really are busy! Whew! I always admire missionaries. Most days I don't think that I could head overseas and minister in a foreign country. I admire their dedication so much. Praise God for them!

Your peaches looked oh so good. Nothing like peaches in the summer. Delish!!

Rose said...

Sounds like you had a busy, but fun weekend. Off to see Mickey's dress now.