Monday, July 20, 2009

travelin with the girls...

It was a fun day on Sunday "travelin with the girls", antique shop hopping is what we did! We traveled to New Oxford and Hanover, PA (for those of you that recognize these towns) and we went in and out of antique shops for hours! Amazing how many things in my house are just what they have in those antique shops! My daughter and granddaughter reminded me pretty often...that "one of those can be found at my house", and I agreed "yes I do have one of those" ☺!

(one of the many antique centers we shopped in)

(no resistance in my mind, I needed this quilt, I did put it down and pick it up several times)

(the quilt came home with me, afterall a double quilt in very good condition, someone needed to offer it a home and to have it on display, might as well be me ☺)

(the colors just jumped ♥ out to me, it needed to come home with me, I caved)

It was a beautiful day in PA, perfect for traveling, laughing and just enjoying the time to relax.

I wish for each of you a wonderful day, and I hope you have a chance to just do something to laugh, enjoy and relax!

6 comments:

Rose said...

What a wonderful find! I would have wanted it, too.

Laurie said...

sure sounds like a super day and love the quilt that you gave a home!

antique quilter said...

oh I just love that quilt, can we see the whole quilt???
great colors, I would have bought this one too!
sounds like a fun day out with the girls.
I need to see how far away this shop is from me in NJ
Kathie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What a great quilt!!! I'm glad you picked it up; no one will appreciate a quilt like a quilter will. Love the colors.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The quilt is lovely and couldn't have found a more perfect home! Yay!!

Anya said...

Lucky find!