Please have a seat on one of the *rocking chairs* on my porch, enjoy the view as you chat with me! There is a story with these *rocking chairs*...for years I have coveted this style of porch rocking chair! It became a conversation absolutely everytime I would have the opportunity to visit a *Cracker Barrel* store, anywhere in the USA! Not that I have traveled the USA, but I have been to a few Cracker Barrel stores, and I have always (make that ALWAYS commented) "I love these rocking chairs" or worse yet I would say "I WANT one of these rocking chairs for my porch"!
Have you ever PRICED one of these rocking chairs at the Cracker Barrel stores (?)...WOWSER pretty high in price for a porch rocker, and that was the main reason it was a *joke* with hubby and I, as I would make my comments, with the coveting thing ;>)!! WELLLLLLLLL much to my surprise there are *look-a-likes* offered by the WalMart stores...and sure enough two have arrived to my front porch! Hubby said "yes", and I said "happy anniversary ♥ to us a few weeks early"...I am enjoying my rocking chairs, and the fact that they were half the price does not take away from my pleasure! And if I only tell my *blog readers*, no one else will ever know they are not the "real deal" ☺?
(antique feeding trough as a planter now with the pansies)
(just a basket of primitives for the season)
(more flowers in a basket on a antique fruit crate next to my front door)
Thank you for joining me on "my front porch" I hope you enjoyed my porch rocking chairs and the view the Lord has provided for our pleasure!
4 comments:
Barb: Your chairs and your porch look so inviting; what a wonderful way to relax. I agree with you about wanting a chair like the Cracker Barrel chairs.
Thanks for your friendship! I appreciate all your posts to my blog plus your emails. And thank you for helping me celebrate the 100th post. You are one of the friends I cherish because of blogging!
It's beautiful up here in the northwest corner - perfect summer afternoon! Come over!
Love the rockers! I want some too! There is nothing more inviting than a porch with rocking chairs!
I'll come sit a spell with you any time! I do hope you get to enjoy them...I love to sit on the porch and visit.
Oh I just love your porch! My dream is to one day have those pretty rockers too. What a sweet hubby to get them for you! I hope you are enjoying your lovely porch.
Post a Comment